Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in fat
4 cups shelled fresh peas
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onions
3 cloves garlic
1 sprig fresh thyme, or a pinch dried
1 Idaho potato
2 cups chicken or vegetable stock, plus extra
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons non-fat sour cream
1. Bring a pot of well salted water to a boil and prepare an ice bath. Blanch the peas in the boiling water until they are bright green and tender, about 2 minutes. Remove the peas and plunge them into the ice bath. When cool, drain and dry on paper towels.
2. In a sauce pot, cook the olive oil, onion, garlic and thyme with a pinch of salt and several twists of fresh pepper over medium heat until the onions begin to wilt, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken stock.
3. Peel and dice the potato and add it to the pot. Cook, uncovered, until the potato is completely tender, about 20 minutes.
4. If using fresh thyme, remove it now. Puree the potato mixture in a blender or food processor. Add the peas and puree. If necessary, add more chicken stock by the tablespoon until the consistency is pourable. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
5. Pour the soup into individual serving dishes and garnish with sour cream.
Serving Size: about 1 cup
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||5 g||Fiber||9 g|
|Protein||11 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.