This recipe is...
Spinach Salad Nicoise
nonstick cooking spray
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1/6 pound green beans
2 small red potatoes
1 1/2 cups baby spinach, washed and torn into bite-size pieces
2 tablespoons Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette (see recipe) or low-fat salad dressing
1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
2 tablespoons pitted olives
2. Preheat the grill.
3. Grill each steak for about 3 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the tuna.
4. Remove the steak to a warm platter.
5. Meanwhile bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Have a bowl of ice water at hand. Add the green beans to the boiling water and blanch to the desired degree of doneness, about 2 to 4 minutes depending on their size. Remove the green beans with a slotted spoon and immediately plunge them into the ice water. Drain and set aside.
6. Add the potatoes to the boiling water and cook until they are tender when pierced with a fork. Drain and set aside.
7. Toss the spinach with half of the vinaigrette just to coat the leaves. Place the spinach on chilled plates or in large shallow bowls.
8. To assemble the salad, slice the tuna into strips and put it on top of the spinach. Place the green beans, potatoes, cherry tomatoes and olives around the tuna and drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette.
Serving Size: 1 tuna steak and about 1 cup of salad
Number of Servings: 1
- 67 g
- 11 g
- 12 g
- 50 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 1072 mg