This recipe is...
Rigatoni with Turkey, Olives and Tomato Sauce
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 tablespoons diced onions
1 clove garlic, crushed
5 ounces lean ground turkey or beef
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 cup tomato sauce
1/3 cup halved and pitted black olives
3 tablespoons fresh, chopped basil
3 tablespoons grated, low-fat mozzarella cheese
3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2. Bring 1/2 gallon of salted water to boil. Add the rigatoni and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
3. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds more. Add the ground meat, season with salt and pepper, and brown. Drain off the excess fat.
4. Add the tomato sauce and olives, and simmer for 5 minutes. Adjust the seasoning.
5. In a casserole dish, toss the rigatoni, meat sauce and basil together. Sprinkle with the cheeses. (This can be made ahead and stored unbaked in the refrigerator up to 2 days, or it can be frozen.)
6. Bake until the cheese is bubbly and brown and the dish is thoroughly heated, about 15 to 20 minutes; bake longer if the dish has been refrigerated.
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 2
- 54 g
- 19 g
- 5 g
- 29 g
- Saturated Fat
- 6 g
- 1388 mg