Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
This recipe is...
lower in fat
lower in sodium
1/2 cup egg whites (about 4 large egg whites)
a pinch of salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment or wax paper.
2. With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites and salt on high speed until soft peaks form.
3. Continue mixing on high speed while adding 1/2 cup of the sugar. Add the remaining sugar by the tablespoon. Beat for another 1-2 minutes, until the mixture is stiff and shiny.
4. Drop by the spoonful onto the cookie sheets. Flatten each cookie slightly with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle the meringues evenly with the chopped walnuts.
5. Bake until pale golden, about 30 minutes. Let cool.
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Number of Servings: 36
|Fat||1 g||Fiber||0 g|
|Protein||1 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.