Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
rich in fruits
lower in fat
lower in sodium
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 quart fresh strawberries
fresh lemon juice to taste
1. Bring the sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Let cool.
2. Wash and hull the strawberries. Puree in a blender or food proceesor until smooth. Press the strawberries through a very fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds and pulp.
3. Add half the sugar syrup to the pureed strawberries. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and taste. Continue adding sugar syrup (by the tablespoon) and lemon juice until you reach the desired degree of sweetness.
4. Freeze the strawberry mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
5. Store in the freezer until ready to use.
Serving Size: about 1/2 cup
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||0 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||1 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.