This recipe is...
Green Papaya Salad
4 cloves garlic
4 small, Thai chili peppers, or 1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed
2 teaspoons palm sugar, or brown sugar
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1/3 cup green beans, trimmed and cut into 2" lengths
4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 1/2 tablespoons roasted unsalted peanuts
2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2/3 head bibb lettuce, leaves removed and washed
2. In a large mortar, combine the garlic and chilis and pound them into bits with a pestle. Add the sugar and fish sauce and combine with the pestle.
3. Add the papaya and green beans and pound for about 3 minutes to slightly crush them. Use a spoon to scrape the sides of the mortar and rotate the mixture as you work.
4. Add the cherry tomatoes and pound for a minute to release some of their juices.
5. Stir in the peanuts and lime juice.
6. Place a few leaves of lettuce on each plate and spoon the salad onto the lettuce.
Serving Size: 3/4 cup
Number of Servings: 4
- 18 g
- 3 g
- 3 g
- 5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 689 mg