Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
rich in fruits
rich in veggies
lower in fat
2 medium green (unripe) papayas
6 cloves garlic
6 small, Thai chili peppers, or 1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed
1 tablespoon palm sugar, or brown sugar
3 tablespoons fish sauce
1/2 cup green beans, trimmed and cut into 2" lengths
6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 head bibb lettuce, leaves removed and washed
1. Peel, half lengthwise and seed the papayas. Cut them into long, thin shreds, or shred them in a food processor and set aside.
2. In a large mortar, combine the garlic and chilis and pound them into bits with a pestle. Add the sugar and fish sauce and combine with the pestle.
3. Add the papaya and green beans and pound for about 3 minutes to slightly crush them. Use a spoon to scrape the sides of the mortar and rotate the mixture as you work.
4. Add the cherry tomatoes and pound for a minute to release some of their juices.
5. Stir in the peanuts and lime juice.
6. Place a few leaves of lettuce on each plate and spoon the salad onto the lettuce.
Serving Size: 3/4 cup
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||3 g||Fiber||3 g|
|Protein||5 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.