Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in grains
lower in fat
1 teaspoon butter, unsalted
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1 sprig fresh thyme (optional)
1 cup converted rice
1 1/2 cups vegetable stock or water
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. In a small ovenproof pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the onion and thyme, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the onions become translucent but not brown.
3. Add the rice and stir to coat evenly with butter. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add the stock and bring to a boil over high heat.
5. As soon as the stock comes to a boil, cover the pot and place in the oven for 18 minutes.
6. Add the salt and pepper, and fluff with a fork.
Serving Size: 2/3 cup
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||1 g||Fiber||1 g|
|Protein||3 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.