Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
rich in dairy
lower in carbs
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
2 1/4 cups milk
1 bay leaf
cayenne pepper to taste
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a pot over low heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, keeping the heat low so the garlic doesn't burn.
2. Add the milk, bay leaf and cayenne pepper. Increase the heat and bring the milk to a boil.
3. Pour the cornmeal into the hot milk slowly, whisking constantly. After all the cornmeal has been added, cook 3 to 4 minutes more, stirring constantly.
4. Remove the pot from the heat and slowly stir in the grated cheese.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||7 g||Fiber||1 g|
|Protein||8 g||Saturated Fat||4 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.