Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 25 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in grains
rich in veggies
lower in fat
lower in sodium
1/2 pound mushrooms (shiitake, button, oyster)
8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 pound spaghetti
3 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
4 large scallions, thinly sliced
1" piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 pound fresh baby spinach, washed and dried
freshly ground black pepper
1. Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté for about 3 to 5 minutes, until they are browned. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
2. Spray the pan again and sauté the chicken breasts over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat and when cool enough to handle, shred into pieces.
3. Bring a large pot of well salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook until al dente, about 7 to 9 minutes.
4. Heat the sesame oil and soy sauce in a skillet over medium heat. Add the ginger slices, garlic, scallions and red pepper and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the noodles to the skillet and toss well. Add freshly ground pepper and adjust the seasoning to your taste.
5. Arrange the spinach leaves on 4 plates or in 4 large bowls. Add the noodles and top with the mushrooms and chicken.
Serving Size: about 2 cups
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||14 g||Fiber||7 g|
|Protein||37 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.