Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
This recipe is...
lower in fat
lower in sodium
2 cups water
2 cups sugar
3 Bosc pears, peeled
1/2 cinnamon stick
2 whole cloves
1. Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan. Cover the pears with a piece of parchment paper or weigh them down with a plate so that they stay immersed in the liquid.
2. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Cook until the pears are tender when pierced with a knife, about 20 to 30 minutes. (Pears can be made ahead and stored in their syrup in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Their flavor will intensify.)
3. Remove the pears from the liquid and set aside. Continue to simmer the liquid for about 30 minutes, until it has a syrup-like consistency. Discard the peppercorns, cinnamon stick and cloves. Keep warm.
4. Cut the pears in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and core with a melon baller or small spoon. Remove any additional core using a small paring knife.
5. Slice the pear halves lengthwise and arrange the slices on plates. Spoon the warm syrup on and around the pears.
Serving Size: 1/2 pear with syrup
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||0 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||0 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.