Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
rich in fruits
lower in fat
lower in sodium
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon peeled, finely chopped fresh ginger
2 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 cup orange juice
1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, ginger and mangoes and cook until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Add the jalapeņo pepper, sugar, orange juice and vinegar and simmer for about 20 minutes.
3. Stir in the cilantro, taste and add several twists of freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste. Cool to room temperature.
4. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator.
5. This recipes makes about 2 cups of chutney.
Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||1 g||Fiber||1 g|
|Protein||1 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.