Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 7 visitors
This recipe is...
Marinated Grilled Chicken with Sizzle of Corn and Tomatoes
zest of 1 lemon, grated
1 tablespoon curry powder
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup minced red onion
2 tablespoons chopped, fresh mint
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 4 to 6 ounces each
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped shallots
1/3 cup chopped, fresh tomatoes, or canned, drained
1 cup fresh corn kernels removed from the cob
1/2 teaspoon seeded, finely chopped jalapeño pepper
pinch of cumin
1/4 teaspoon sugar
4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1. Mix all the ingredients except the chicken in a large bowl.
2. Add the chicken to the mixture and coat evenly.
3. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
4. Preheat the grill.
5. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade. (This protects against cross-contamination.) Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper.
6. Place the chicken on the hot grill and cook until the juices run clear, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
For the sizzle of corn and tomatoes:
1. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the shallots for 2 to 3 minutes, until soft but not dark in color.
2. Add the tomatoes, corn and jalapeño pepper, and cook for 1 minute. Add the cumin and sugar and cook 1 more minute.
3. Add the vinegar and cook until the liquid reduces slightly.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the sizzle around the grilled chicken.
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast with about 1/2 cup of sizzle
Number of Servings: 4
- 25 g
- 8 g
- 2 g
- 48 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 296 mg