Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 5 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in grains
lower in fat
6 ounces orzo
3/4 cup chopped, fresh tomatoes
1/3 cup pitted, halved olives
1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped, fresh parsley
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
nonstick cooking spray
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1. Bring 1/2 gallon of well-salted water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain well and let cool.
2. Place the orzo in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, olives, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Mix well. Add the fresh herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Spray a grill with non-stick cooking spray and preheat the grill.
4. Grill over high heat, turning once until the shrimp are opaque and browned on the edges, about 5 minutes, total.
5. This salad can be served at room temperature or refrigerated and served cold.
Serving Size: 1 cup of salad with 4 ounces of shrimp
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||9 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||29 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.