Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 5 visitors
This recipe is...
Fiesta Rice and Shrimp
1 1/2 cups long grain rice
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 1/2 serrano chili peppers, stemmed and seeded
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 cup vegetable stock, or water
1 1/2 cups Fiesta Salsa (see recipe)
1 teaspoon chopped, fresh ginger
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2. Add the onion and serrano chili peppers and cook until the onions just soften. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add the broth and Fiesta Salsa and mix to combine.
3. Transfer to a 2 quart baking dish, cover with foil and bake until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 30-40 minutes
4. While the rice is cooking, heat the remaining oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
5. Add the garlic, peanut oil and ginger, and stir quickly for 30 seconds.
6. Raise the heat to high and add the shrimp, stirring quickly until the shrimp are cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Toss the shrimp in with the rice and serve hot.
Serving Size: about 1 cup of rice with shrimp
Number of Servings: 4
- 66 g
- 15 g
- 3 g
- 30 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 595 mg