Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 4 visitors
This recipe is...
Roast Pork Loin with Peppery Pear Butter
1/3 cup water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons minced, fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary or tarragon)
2/3 cup dry white wine
2. Place the pork loin in a roasting pan and sprinkle with the herbs, salt and pepper.
3. Pour the wine into the bottom of the pan and baste occasionally. Roast the pork for about 1 1/2 hours until a meat thermometer reads 160°F.
4. While the pork is roasting, place the pear chunks in a large, heavy-bottomed, stainless-steel pot. Add the rest of the ingredients for the peppery pear butter.
5. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Simmer until the fruit becomes tender, about 20 minutes.
6. Puree in a food mill or blender.
7. Remove the pork loin from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with the peppery pear butter.
Serving Size: 6 ounces pork with about 1/2 cup of pear butter
Number of Servings: 4
- 34 g
- 11 g
- 3 g
- 43 g
- Saturated Fat
- 4 g
- 475 mg