This recipe is...
Red Snapper with Blood Orange Sauce
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Bring the sugar and water to a boil. Remove from the heat and cool.
2. Juice the blood oranges and strain. Add half of the sugar syrup to the blood orange juice. Add more sugar syrup until a pleasant balance of sweetness and tartness is reached. Cool to room temperature.
For the red snapper:
1. Season the snapper fillets with salt and pepper, then drizzle with olive oil.
2. Place a sauté pan large enough to accommodate all the fillets over medium-high heat. Add the snapper and lower the heat to medium. Cook until well-browned on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn the fillets over and cook 1 more minute.
3. Serve the snapper topped with the blood orange sauce.
Serving Size: 1 snapper fillet with 2 tablespoons of sauce
Number of Servings: 4
- 21 g
- 8 g
- 2 g
- 35 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 579 mg