Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in grains
rich in veggies
lower in fat
2 cups long grain rice
2 1/2 cups water
2 cloves garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/2 cup diced yellow or green bell pepper
1 cup diced red onion
1 cup grape tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh basil, slivered
1. Rinse the rice under cold running water until the water runs clear. Drain thoroughly.
2. Place the rice and water in a heavy saucepan with a tight-fitting lid. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring gently to keep the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
3. When the water is boiling rapidly, stop stirring, cover the pan with the lid and turn the heat down to low. Let cook, without lifting the lid, for 20 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat, lift the lid to release the steam, and replace it immediately. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes and serve.
5. Meanwhile, crush the garlic with the salt making a rough paste. Add the garlic paste to the Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette and let stand for at least 15 minutes to combine flavors.
6. Add the vinaigrette to the cooled rice and toss with the vegetables.
Serving Size: 1 cup of salad plus vegetables
Number of Servings: 8
|Fat||4 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||4 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.