Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in carbs
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 4 to 6 ounces each
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 large onion, sliced into rings
2 plum tomatoes, quartered
8 black olives, pitted and chopped
2 teaspoons dried marjoram
2 teaspoons dried thyme
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/4 cup feta cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup white wine
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Cut 4 round pieces of parchment paper large enough to contain the chicken and vegetables when folded in half.
4. Spray the parchment rounds with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Place a chicken breast in the center of each piece of parchment. Divide the onions, tomatoes, olives, herbs and cheese equally and lay them on top of each chicken breast. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
6. Fold the paper in half and crimp the edges leaving one end uncrimped. Pour a little wine through the opening in each pouch, distributing it evenly. Crimp and seal the open end.
7. Place the envelopes (papillotes) on sheet pans and bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
8. Place a parchment pouch on each plate and slice open the top with a sharp knife or scissors.
NOTE: If you can't find parchment paper, you can substitute aluminum foil bags.
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||13 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||35 g||Saturated Fat||3 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.