Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 10 visitors
This recipe is...
lower in sodium
lower in carbs
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 4 to 6 ounces each
2 ounces goat cheese
1/2 cup basil, slivered
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup chicken stock
1. Mix the goat cheese with the slivered basil and divide the herbed cheese into 4 equal rectangles.
2. Cut a deep horizontal pocket in the side of each chicken breast. Make the pocket as large as you can without piercing the top or bottom of the breast. Place an equal amount of goat cheese and about 4 basil leaves in the pocket of each chicken breast. Secure the pocket with toothpicks threading along the side to close.
3. Heat the oil in a heavy oven-proof skillet until it begins to smoke. Cook each side of the chicken until golden brown.
4. Add the vinegar and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and gently simmer the chicken for 2 or 3 minutes per side until cooked through.
5. Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and keep warm. Continue to cook the sauce until it is reduced to a thick syrup.
6. Taste the sauce and and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce over each chicken breast.
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||11 g||Fiber||0 g|
|Protein||37 g||Saturated Fat||4 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.