Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
lower in fat
2 cups adzuki beans
1/4 cup finely chopped pickled ginger
1 teaspoon pickled ginger juice
1 scallion, trimmed and thinly sliced
1 tablespoon tamari
1 pound sea scallops
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1/2 avocado, sliced for garnish
1. Soak the dried beans overnight in water.
2. Drain the soaked beans. Place the beans in a pot and cover with fresh water. Simmer until tender, about 40 minutes to an hour. Drain.
3. Mix the beans, ginger, ginger juice, scallion and tamari together in a bowl. Let it sit for 10 minutes to develop its full flavor.
4. Meanwhile, season the scallops with salt and pepper.
5. Heat a large sauté pan over high heat.
6. Add the scallops to the hot pan and sear for about 2 minutes on each side. Serve with the adzuki beans garnished with the avocado slices.
Serving Size: 1 cup beans with 4 ounces scallops
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||9 g||Fiber||15 g|
|Protein||39 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.