This recipe is...
Gingered Adzuki Beans and Scallops
1/4 cup finely chopped pickled ginger
1 teaspoon pickled ginger juice
1 scallion, trimmed and thinly sliced
1 tablespoon tamari
1 pound sea scallops
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1/2 avocado, sliced for garnish
2. Drain the soaked beans. Place the beans in a pot and cover with fresh water. Simmer until tender, about 40 minutes to an hour. Drain.
3. Mix the beans, ginger, ginger juice, scallion and tamari together in a bowl. Let it sit for 10 minutes to develop its full flavor.
4. Meanwhile, season the scallops with salt and pepper.
5. Heat a large sauté pan over high heat.
6. Add the scallops to the hot pan and sear for about 2 minutes on each side. Serve with the adzuki beans garnished with the avocado slices.
Serving Size: 1 cup beans with 4 ounces scallops
Number of Servings: 4
- 71 g
- 9 g
- 15 g
- 39 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 811 mg