Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 3 visitors
This recipe is...
Potato and Leek Soup
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
2 cups chopped leeks, well rinsed
1 sprig fresh thyme, or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
salt to taste
white pepper to taste
about 1 1/2 quarts chicken stock
2 cups peeled potatoes, cut into 1/2" cubes (keep in bowl of water so they do not discolor)
1 tablespoon chopped, fresh chives
2. Add the stock and bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
3. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the leeks are completely tender.
4. Add the potatoes and simmer about 10 minutes more, or until the potatoes are tender.
5. Puree in a blender.
6. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve garnished with chives.
Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups
Number of Servings: 6
- 16 g
- 4 g
- 2 g
- 5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 422 mg