Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 3 visitors
This recipe is...
Carrot Pineapple Sweet Bread
1/4 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 medium eggs
pinch of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
3/4 cup grated carrot
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
6 tablespoons drained, canned, crushed pineapple
nonstick cooking spray
2. Toast the walnuts in the oven until they are fragrant, about 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. Place the butter in a mixing bowl and beat at high speed with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Gradually add the sugar and continue to beat until the mixture is pale yellow and very fluffy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed.
5. Stir in the cinnamon, black pepper, orange zest and carrots.
6. Process the cooled walnuts briefly in a food processor until they are finely chopped.
7. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
8. Stir in half the flour mixture. Stir in the pineapple and walnuts. Stir in the rest of the flour mixture. The batter should be smooth, but do not overmix.
9. Coat a 9" loaf pan with nonstick spray. Pour the batter into the pan.
10. Bake until the loaf is golden brown and set in the center, about 30 to 35 minutes.
Serving Size: 1 slice of bread
Number of Servings: 12
- 23 g
- 6 g
- 1 g
- 2 g
- Saturated Fat
- 3 g
- 60 mg