Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 3 visitors
This recipe is...
lower in sodium
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
1 1/2 cups grated carrot
2 cups all purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup drained, canned, crushed pineapple
nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the butter and the eggs from the refrigerator to allow them to come to room temperature.
2. Toast the walnuts in the oven until they are fragrant, about 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. Place the butter in a mixing bowl and beat at high speed with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Gradually add the sugar and continue to beat until the mixture is pale yellow and very fluffy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed.
5. Stir in the cinnamon, black pepper, orange zest and carrots.
6. Process the cooled walnuts briefly in a food processor until they are finely chopped.
7. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
8. Stir in half the flour mixture. Stir in the pineapple and walnuts. Stir in the rest of the flour mixture. The batter should be smooth, but do not overmix.
9. Coat two 9" loaf pans with nonstick spray. Pour the batter into the pans.
10. Bake until the loaves are golden brown and set in the center, about 30 to 35 minutes.
Serving Size: 1 slice of bread
Number of Servings: 24
|Fat||6 g||Fiber||1 g|
|Protein||2 g||Saturated Fat||3 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.