Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 10 visitors
This recipe is...
My Mother's Chicken Soup
1/2 carrot chopped into 1/2" pieces
1/2 onion chopped into 1/2" pieces
1 stalk celery with leaves, chopped into 1/2" pieces
1/2 parsnip chopped into 1/2" pieces
freshly ground black pepper
salt to taste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2. Bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
3. Lower the heat and skim off any foam or fat that rises to the surface. Simmer, uncovered, until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and tender, at least 2 hours.
4. Remove the chicken from the pot and let it cool for a few minutes. Remove the meat from the bones, cut the meat into bite-size pieces and return it to the pot. Discard the bones.
5. Add the dill and parsley and simmer 30 minutes more.
6. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
Serving Size: about 1 cup
Number of Servings: 4
- 6 g
- 3 g
- 2 g
- 18 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0 g
- 34 mg