Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 10 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in fat
lower in sodium
lower in carbs
1 raw chicken 3 to 4 pounds
2 carrots chopped into 1/2" pieces
2 onions chopped into 1/2" pieces
3 stalks celery with leaves, chopped into 1/2" pieces
2 parsnips chopped into 1/2" pieces
freshly ground black pepper
salt to taste
1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Place the chicken, carrots, onions, celery and parsnips in a stockpot large enough to hold everything easily. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Cover with cold water.
2. Bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
3. Lower the heat and skim off any foam or fat that rises to the surface. Simmer, uncovered, until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and tender, at least 2 hours.
4. Remove the chicken from the pot and let it cool for a few minutes. Remove the meat from the bones, cut the meat into bite-size pieces and return it to the pot. Discard the bones.
5. Add the dill and parsley and simmer 30 minutes more.
6. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
Serving Size: about 1 cup
Number of Servings: 16
|Fat||3 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||18 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.