Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in carbs
For the braised fennel:
4 large fennel bulbs
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
salt to taste
For the broiled salmon:
4 salmon fillets, about 4 to 6 ounces each
2 teaspoons canola oil
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup Chive Mustard Sauce (see recipe)
1. Wash the fennel and trim the stalks flush with the bulb. Cut off any discolored or bruised layers. Reserve several fennel fronds for garnish. Slice each fennel bulb in half lengthwise and remove the core.
2. In a large saucepan, add the fennel, garlic slices, fennel seeds and chicken stock. Simmer until the fennel can be easily pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes. Add the lemon juice and salt to taste.
3. While the fennel is cooking, prepare the Chive Mustard Sauce.
4. Preheat the broiler.
5. Season the salmon generously with salt and pepper. Place the seasoned fillets on a non-stick baking sheet.
6. Broil the fillets for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, turning only once. (Thin fillets take less time, thicker fillets take more.)
7. Place the fillets on warmed plates over the fennel and topped with the mustard sauce. If desired, finely chop the fennel fronds to garnish the plates.
Serving Size: 1 salmon fillet, 1 cup fennel and 1 tablespoon sauce
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||16 g||Fiber||8 g|
|Protein||32 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.