Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 6 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in grains
lower in fat
lower in sodium
3/4 pound toasted couscous (Israeli couscous)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped, fresh parsley
2 tablespoons chopped, fresh cilantro
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes (about 3/4 pint)
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 4 to 6 ounces each
1/2 cup chopped scallions
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the couscous and cook until tender, about 10 minutes (check package directions for specific cooking times). Drain and rinse with cold water.
2. Whisk the lemon juice, lime juice and olive oil together in a large bowl. Mix in the couscous, herbs, onion and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill.
3. Preheat the grill or a sauté pan to medium high.
4. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Grill or sauté the breasts until golden brown on one side, about 4 minutes. Turn them over and cook an additional 4 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips. Place the warm chicken over the couscous salad and sprinkle with chopped scallions.
Serving Size: about 1 cup
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||11 g||Fiber||4 g|
|Protein||34 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.