Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
Curried Eggplant with Raita
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/3 cups chopped yellow onions
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 1/2 tablespoons grated ginger root
1 1/3 teaspoons ground coriander seeds
1 1/3 teaspoons ground cumin
2/3 teaspoon turmeric
pinch of cayenne pepper, or to taste
lemon juice to taste
1 cup finely diced cucumber
1 cup peeled, seeded and diced tomatoes
1 to 2 tablespoons grated onion
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
2 to 3 tablespoons chopped mint or cilantro
2. Place the eggplants in a baking pan and prick them with a fork. Bake until very tender, about 45 minutes. Set in a drainer.
3. When the eggplants are cool enough to handle, peel and remove any large seed pockets. Transfer the pulp to a strainer.
4. Coarsely chop the eggplants or pulse quickly in a food processor.
5. In a medium sauté pan, warm the olive oil over medium heat and cook the onions until translucent, about 10 minutes.
6. Add the garlic, ginger and spices and cook for 5 minutes. Add the eggplant. Heat through and then season with salt and pepper and lemon juice to taste.
7. Mix all of the ingredients for the raita in a bowl.
8. Serve the curried eggplant with a bowl of raita.
Serving Size: about 2 cups
Number of Servings: 4
- 31 g
- 10 g
- 6 g
- 8 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 179 mg