Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
3 medium globe eggplants
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 cups peeled, diced and seeded tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup pecorino cheese
1. Peel the eggplants and slice about 1/2" thick. Sprinkle with salt and drain in a colander for 30 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan, preferably non-stick, and quickly sauté the eggplant, turning once, and drain on absorbent towels.
3. Add the sliced onion to the sauté pan and cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes until they achieve a sauce-like consistency.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Layer some tomato sauce in a baking dish, then eggplant, then sauce and so on. Top with more sauce, grated cheese and bread crumbs.
7. Bake in a 400°F oven for about 20 minutes or until golden. Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Serving Size: 1/2 eggplant
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||8 g||Fiber||7 g|
|Protein||8 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.