Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in fat
lower in carbs
1 pound fresh squid, cleaned
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups mache greens (also known as butter greens or field salad)
1/2 lemon, cut into 2 wedges
1. Cut the body of the squid into rings, and cut the large legs in half. Place the squid in a collander and drain.
2. Pour all of the ingredients except the greens and lemon wedges into a rimmed griddle pan, and broil on the highest rack setting for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the squid is browned and caramelized.
3. Arrange the greens in a circle around the plate, leaving the center open for the squid.
4. Pick up the squid with tongs or a slotted spoon and place in the center of the plates.
5. If desired, pour the remaining cooking liquid onto the squid.
6. Garnish the plate with the lemon wedges.
Serving Size: 1/2 pound squid
Number of Servings: 2
|Fat||10 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||37 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.