Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 3 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in fat
lower in sodium
lower in carbs
1 tablespoon yellow curry paste
1 cup lite coconut milk
1 firm mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
2 medium eggplants (preferably Japanese), peeled and chopped into 1" cubes
1 pound grilled pork tenderloin, sliced
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine the curry paste, coconut milk and mango in a small skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then turn down the heat and simmer.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it turns translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add chicken broth, by the tablespoonful, as needed to keep the mixture from sticking and burning.
3. Add the eggplants and the remaining chicken broth. Simmer until the eggplants become tender, about 10 minutes.
4. Add the slices of grilled pork and heat thoroughly.
5. Stir in the curry mixture and serve.
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||11 g||Fiber||9 g|
|Protein||30 g||Saturated Fat||4 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.