Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 6 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in fat
2 tablespoons canola oil
6 leeks, white part only, rinsed well and diced
1 tablespoon finely chopped lemon grass
1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
salt to taste
white pepper to taste
4 cups vegetable stock or chicken stock
1 cup peeled, cubed potatoes
1 cup peeled, cubed sweet potatoes
4 teaspoons miso
juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon chopped chives or scallions
1. Heat the oil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks and stir to coat with the oil. Add the lemon grass and ginger. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the leeks are tender and translucent.
2. Add the stock and potatoes and simmer until the potatoes are cooked through. Puree in a blender.
3. Add the miso. Blend to combine.
4. Add the lemon juice and adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve hot in simple, small cups. Garnish with the chives or scallions.
Serving Size: about 2/3 cup
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||6 g||Fiber||3 g|
|Protein||3 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.