Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 8 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in fat
lower in carbs
1 cup cannellini beans
3 cups Basic Chicken Stock (see recipe), or low-sodium canned
1 1/2 carrots, cut into 1" pieces
1 1/2 stalks celery, cut into 1" pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons chopped pancetta
3 cloves garlic, chopped
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
3 cups washed and stemmed arugula
1. Soak the cannellini beans in water overnight in the refrigerator.
2. Drain beans, put them in a pot and add the chicken stock, carrots, celery and enough water to cover the beans by an inch or so.
3. Bring to a simmer uncovered over medium-high heat. Do not boil. Skim foam that comes to the surface. (Do not add salt because it will prevent the beans from becoming tender.)
4. When the beans are tender, about 1 hour, remove from heat. Drain and discard the carrots and celery. Set beans aside. (The cannellini beans can be cooked ahead of time, covered and refrigerated up to 3 days.)
5. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
6. Add the beans, season with salt and pepper, and heat thoroughly.
7. Turn off the heat and gently fold in the arugula leaves. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serving Size: about 3/4 cup
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||7 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||3 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.