Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 4 visitors
This recipe is...
Tomato Soup with Basil-Parmesan Cream
1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1 large onion, chopped
10 ripe plum tomatoes, halved
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
1/4 cup chopped, fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons non-fat sour cream
2. Add the bay leaf, oregano and broth and bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
3. Lower the heat and simmer until the vegetables are completely tender, about 20 minutes.
4. Blend the basil, Parmesan cheese and sour cream together and set aside.
5. Remove the bay leaf and puree the soup in a blender. Strain and adjust the salt and pepper.
6. Serve the soup in bowls with a dollop of basil-Parmesan cream.
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 6
- 16 g
- 4 g
- 4 g
- 6 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 271 mg