Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
rich in dairy
lower in fat
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1 large onion, chopped
6 ripe plum tomatoes, halved
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
about 1 quart low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
3 medium eggplants, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons non-fat sour cream
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over low-medium heat. Add the carrots, celery, onion and tomatoes, season lightly with salt and pepper, and cook for 10 minutes.
2. Add the bay leaf, oregano and stock and bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
3. Lower the heat and simmer until the vegetables are completely tender, about 15 minutes.
4. Add the eggplant and simmer until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Blend the Parmesan cheese and sour cream together and set aside.
6. Remove the bay leaf and puree the soup in a blender. Strain and adjust the salt and pepper.
7. Serve the soup in bowls with a dollop of Parmesan cream.
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||4 g||Fiber||8 g|
|Protein||8 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.