This recipe is...
Eggplant Soup with Parmesan Cream
1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1 large onion, chopped
6 ripe plum tomatoes, halved
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
about 1 quart low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
3 medium eggplants, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons non-fat sour cream
2. Add the bay leaf, oregano and stock and bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
3. Lower the heat and simmer until the vegetables are completely tender, about 15 minutes.
4. Add the eggplant and simmer until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Blend the Parmesan cheese and sour cream together and set aside.
6. Remove the bay leaf and puree the soup in a blender. Strain and adjust the salt and pepper.
7. Serve the soup in bowls with a dollop of Parmesan cream.
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 6
- 26 g
- 4 g
- 8 g
- 8 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 282 mg