Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 3 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in fat
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1 large onion, chopped
1 small Russet potato
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
about 1 quart low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
5 cups broccoli florets
juice of 1/2 lemon
3 tablespoons non-fat sour cream
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over low-medium heat. Add the celery and onion, season lightly with salt and pepper, and cook for 10 minutes.
2. Peel and slice the potato and add it to the pot. Add the bay leaf, oregano and broth and bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
3. Lower the heat and simmer until the vegetables are completely tender, about 15 minutes.
4. Add the broccoli and simmer until just tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Blend the lemon juice and sour cream together and set aside.
6. Remove the bay leaf and puree the soup in a blender. Strain and adjust the salt and pepper.
7. Serve the soup in bowls with a dollop of lemon sour cream.
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||2 g||Fiber||4 g|
|Protein||6 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.