Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
Curried Cauliflower Soup with Parsley Cream
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
salt to taste
freshly ground black or white pepper
1 small Russet potato
1 bay leaf
about 1 quart low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
5 cups cauliflower florets
1/4 cup chopped, fresh parsley
3 tablespoons non-fat sour cream
2. Peel and slice the potato and add it to the pot. Add the bay leaf and broth and bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
3. Lower the heat and simmer until the vegetables are completely tender, about 15 minutes.
4. Add the cauliflower and simmer until just tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Blend the parsley and sour cream together and set aside.
6. Remove the bay leaf and puree the soup in a blender. Strain and adjust the salt and pepper.
7. Serve the soup in bowls with a dollop of parsley cream.
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 6
- 13 g
- 2 g
- 3 g
- 5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0 g
- 114 mg