Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
rich in dairy
lower in fat
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1 large onion, chopped
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
pinch ground nutmeg
2 small Russet potatoes
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup chopped, fresh parsley
about 1 quart low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
6 cups spinach leaves, cleaned
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons non-fat sour cream
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over low-medium heat. Add the celery and onion, season lightly with salt, pepper and nutmeg, and cook for 10 minutes.
2. Peel and slice the potatoes and add them to the pot. Add the bay leaf, parsley and broth and bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
3. Lower the heat and simmer until the vegetables are completely tender, about 15 minutes.
4. Add the spinach and remove from heat.
5. Blend the Parmesan cheese and sour cream together and set aside.
6. Remove the bay leaf and puree the soup in a blender. Strain and adjust the salt and pepper.
7. Serve the soup in bowls with a dollop of Parmesan cream.
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||4 g||Fiber||3 g|
|Protein||7 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.