Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 13 visitors
This recipe is...
Ancho Turkey Chili with Roasted Corn
2 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes, fresh or canned
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
3 cups low-sodium turkey or chicken broth
2 ears corn, husked
1 16-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2. In a large skillet or soup pot, heat the olive oil over high heat.
3. Add the turkey and brown it, while breaking the meat into small chunks with a wooden spoon.
4. Add the onion, lower the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes. Add the ancho chili mixture and cook for 5 more minutes.
5. Add the remaining tomatoes and broth and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, roast the ears of corn under a hot broiler until the corn is golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Let the corn cool and cut the kernals from the cob.
7. Add the corn and beans to the turkey mixture, heat thoroughly and serve.
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 6
- 13 g
- 4 g
- 4 g
- 21 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 488 mg