Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
Belgian Endive, Mache, Beets and Apple with Walnuts and Sherry Vinaigrette
1/2 cup English walnut halves
8 heads Belgian endive
4 to 6 ounces mache or watercress, washed and spun dry
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
2. Steam the beets for 12 to 15 minutes in a covered saucepan using a collapsible steamer. Set the beets aside to cool.
3. Put the walnuts on a baking sheet and bake them in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until fragrant and toasted.
4. Peel and quarter the cooked beets.
5. Wipe the outside of the endive with a damp cloth, trim the base and separate the leaves.
6. To make the vinaigrette, mix the vinegar, olive oil, salt & pepper together in a small bowl.
7. Just before serving, toss the mache or watercress with some of the sherry vinaigrette. Divide the greens among the 8 dinner-sized plates. Arrange the quartered beets and walnuts on top of the greens.
Serving Size: 1 salad
Number of Servings: 8
- 8 g
- 12 g
- 4 g
- 3 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 45 mg