Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
Apple Cascade over Puff Pastry
1/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
4 teaspoons cornstarch
1/8 cup water
4 teaspoons sugar
1 pound fresh apples, peeled, cored, sliced
3 medium bananas, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F
2. In a large pot, bring the water, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon peel to a boil.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch, water and sugar. Add this mixture to the boiling liquid, stirring constantly until thoroughly heated.
4. Remove from heat and fold in the apples.
5. Place the apple mixture in a baking pan, cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Stir the apples once or twice during cooking to keep the edges from burning.
6. Add the banana slices and bake an additional 5 minutes.
7. Cut the puff pastry into 8 even portions of any shape desired. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Cut out shapes in the center of the pastries to make room for the apple mixture. Pour the apples over the pastry shell and serve warm.
Serving Size: 1 pastry
Number of Servings: 8
- 31 g
- 3 g
- 3 g
- 1 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 16 mg