Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
4 tablespoons apple juice
4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
2 1/2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
4 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
2 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
2/3 teaspoon olive oil
2/3 red onion, julienned
1 large red pepper, seeded and julienned
1 large yellow pepper, seeded and julienned
1 portobello mushroom, cleaned and sliced
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
12 ounces shiitake mushrooms
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
2/3 potato, diced
6 ounces tempeh, crumbled
2/3 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
8 won ton wrappers
1.Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Place the juice, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, thyme and basil in a small bowl and set aside.
3. With the exception of the oil, place each of the prepared veggies in separate bowls or plates.
4. Heat the oil in a very hot wok or large sauté pan. Saute each veggie separately with a teaspoon of the vinegar-soy mixture stirring for 2-3 minutes each.
5. Place the sautéed veggies, tempeh, and almonds in a large bowl and toss together. Place all of the combined veggies in a colander over a bowl to drain. Reserve the liquid.
6. To wrap the "purses" do it spring-roll style:
a) On a dry table or countertop place 6 won ton wrappers with a corner of each wrapper pointing toward the edge of the table.
b) Portion about 3/4 cup of the drained veggies in the lower portion of the wonton wrapper.
c) Roll it half way up and fold in the 2 outside corners and continue to roll up to the top corner. Wet the top corner with water or reserved liquid and roll up to seal.
7. Place rolls seam side down on a lightly sprayed sheet pan or oven-proof dish and bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until the rolls are evenly browned.
8. Serve in a pool of Roasted Shallot Sauce.
Serving Size: 1 purse
Number of Servings: 8
|Fat||8 g||Fiber||5 g|
|Protein||11 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.