This recipe is...
Currant and Walnut Stuffing
1 large onion, chopped
4 teaspoons olive oil
2 clove garlic
1 stalk celery, chopped
2/3 pound mushrooms, quartered
1 1/3 cup currants
2/3 teaspoon fresh sage chopped
2/3 teaspoon fresh rosemary,stem and chop
1 teaspoon fresh oregano,stem and chop
2/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
1 whole egg
3 egg whites
salt and pepper, to taste
1 1/3 cup vegetable stock or low-sodium broth
1.Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2.Tear the bread into pieces and set aside. Toast the walnuts on a sheet pan for about 10 minutes, set aside.
3. Sauté the onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until the onion is golden, about 10 minutes.
4. Add the celery, mushrooms, currants and the herbs and cook an additional 5 minutes.
5. Remove to a bowl, fold in the remaining ingredients and season to taste.
6. Place in a lightly-sprayed 8-inch square ovenproof dish, cover with a lid or foil and bake for 30 minutes.
7. Remove cover and bake an additional 15 minutes, uncovered, to crisp the top.
8. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Serving Size: 1/8th
Number of Servings: 8
- 30 g
- 10 g
- 4 g
- 9 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 451 mg