1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Cut each squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Place 1 ounce of butter and 1 pinch of brown sugar in each squash.
3. Place the squash on a baking sheet and bakein the oven for approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until the squash is soft. Remove from the oven and allow the squash to cool.
4. Meanwhile, place 4 ounces of butter in a large pot and melt over low heat. Add the onion and celery and season with salt and pepper. Stew slowly for 15 minutes.
5. With a spoon, remove the pulp from the squash and discard the skin. Add the pulp, chicken stock and thyme to the onion and celery and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
6. Remove soup from heat, place in a blender and puree until smooth. Adjust seasoning and serve hot. Garnish with 1 tablespoon of crème fraiche.
Number of Servings: 12
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.