Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 4 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in sodium
For the grilled mushrooms:
4 portobello mushrooms, stemmed and wiped clean
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon tamari soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced fine
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
For the corn relish:
2 ears corn, husks removed and washed
1 large red pepper, washed, seeded and cut into 1/4" dice
1 or 2 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced (about 3 tablespoons)
2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat the grill or broiler. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and pepper. Add the olive oil slowly and stir until blended.
2. Brush the portobellos with the tamari-balsamic vinaigrette. Grill or broil the mushrooms for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through and softened.
3. Prepare the corn relish. Cut the corn off the cob and put in a medium bowl. Add the red pepper, green onions and parsley. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat the olive oil in a small pan, add the vegetable mixture and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes or just until the corn loses its raw taste. If your corn is very fresh, sweet and tender, this step is not necessary. Just add the olive oil to the raw vegetables and stir to combine.
5. To assemble: Place a portobello mushroom on each of 4 large plates. Spoon some of the corn relish on top of each mushroom.
Serving Size: 1 mushroom
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||11 g||Fiber||5 g|
|Protein||5 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.