Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 11 visitors
This recipe is...
Warm Chocolate Fantasy
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
2 teaspoons flour
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
5 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1/4 cup cake flour
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2. Sift the cocoa and flour together. Brush ten 4-ounce ramekins with melted butter and dust with the cocoa-flour mixture.
3. Melt the chocolate and unsalted butter over a double boiler.
4. Whip the eggs with a mixer on high speed until pale yellow and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
5. Fold the chocolate mixture into the eggs.
6. Sift the cake flour and sugar together. Fold the flour-sugar mixture into the chocolate-egg mixture.
7. Fill the ramekins about 3/4 full.
8. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. The centers should still be runny and the outside edges should be firm. (This can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator up to 2 days.)
9. Reheat in the microwave on low power for two or three 20-second blasts, until warm. Unmold onto a plate and serve with low-fat ice cream or nonfat frozen yogurt.
Serving Size: 1 individual cake
Number of Servings: 10
- 22 g
- 18 g
- 1 g
- 5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 10 g
- 50 mg