Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in fat
One 15-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 small onion, quartered
2 cloves garlic
1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 ounces raw, dried angel hair pasta, broken into 1" pieces
3 cups drained, canned pinto beans
6 cups low-sodium turkey or chicken stock
1 1/2 cups cooked, diced turkey
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
chopped, fresh cilantro for garnish
1. In a food processor, combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic and Cajun seasonings. Process until smooth.
2. In a heavy soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta starts to turn golden, about 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Add the beans, tomato mixture and the chicken stock. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until the pasta is al dente, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the turkey and heat thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Ladle the soup into 6 bowls and garnish with the cilantro. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||6 g||Fiber||7 g|
|Protein||23 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.