Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 3 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in fruits
lower in fat
lower in sodium
1/4 cup seedless raisins
1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
dash nutmeg (optional)
4 firm, tart apples (such as Granny Smith)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a small bowl, mix the raisins, walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
3. Wash and core the apples using an apple corer or a small knife.
4. In a baking dish, arrange the apples with the tops up. Fill each apple with one-fourth of the raisin mixture.
5. Pour water into the baking dish to the depth of 1/2".
6. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Baste the apples once or twice with the cooking liquid. The apples are done when they still hold their shape and yield to a knife when pierced. Serve the apples when they are cooled slightly.
7. To warm in the microwave: Place the apple in a microwave-safe dish and microwave on low for 1 minute at a time, until warm. Caution: Parts of the apple can get very hot!
Serving Size: 1 apple
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||5 g||Fiber||6 g|
|Protein||1 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.