Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
rich in fruits
lower in fat
lower in sodium
2 cups water
2 cups dry white wine
1/2 cup honey
1 cinnamon stick or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger root
4 strips lemon zest, about 3x1/2 inches in length
4 dried apricots
8 Bosc pears, with stems
4 dried dates
8 tablespoons pistachio nuts
8 gingersnaps, crushed
8 sprigs mint, for garnish
1. Combine the water, wine, honey, cinnnamon, ginger root, lemon zest and apricots in a large pot.
2. Peel and core the pears, leaving the stems intact, and add them to the pot.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the pears are tender, about 15 minutes. Remove the pears and apricots from the liquid and let them cool. Simmer the liquid until it becomes syrupy and has reduced to about 1 cup.
4. Finely chop the apricots, dates and pistachio nuts and mix them with the gingersnaps. Stuff about 2 tablespoons of this mixture into the cavity of each pear.
5. Place the stuffed pears on a large serving platter or on individual plates. Drizzle with syrup and garnish with mint sprigs.
Serving Size: 1 pear
Number of Servings: 8
|Fat||5 g||Fiber||6 g|
|Protein||3 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.