Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
lower in fat
lower in carbs
16 bamboo skewers
For the marinade:
1 shallot, peeled
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon grated ginger root
1 jalapeño chili pepper, seeded
1 3-inch piece lemon grass, sliced
1 tablespoon peanut oil
2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
1 cup light coconut milk
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon turmeric
For the yogurt sauce:
1/2 cup non-fat, plain yogurt
1/2 cucumber peeled, seeded and finely diced
1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1. Soak the bamboo skewers for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
2. Puree the shallots, garlic, ginger and chili pepper in a food processor.
3. Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallot mixture and lemon grass and cook, stirring occassionally, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Add the remaining ingredients for the marinade, set aside and let cool.
5. Meanwhile, mix the ingredients for the yogurt sauce together, cover and refrigerate.
6. When the marinade has cooled, cut the chicken into 16 1-inch wide strips, pour the marinade over the chicken and coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
7. Preheat the grill. Skewer each piece of chicken with one of the skewers. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for about 2 minutes on each side, until the chicken is cooked through. Serve the chicken with the yogurt sauce.
Serving Size: 4 skewers
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||5 g||Fiber||0 g|
|Protein||28 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.