Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in dairy
lower in sodium
1/4 cup Marsala wine, or other sweet wine
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 pound low-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
2 pounds low-fat ricotta cheese
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 egg whites
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
2 teaspoons grated orange zest
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup diced candied orange peel, lemon peel, or a mixture of both
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1. Pour the marsala over the raisins in a small bowl and let soak until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain well.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F. (The rack should be set in the upper third of the oven.) Bring 1 quart water to a boil. Wrap a piece of foil around the bottom and sides of the springform pan. (This prevents water from leaking in.)
3. Puree the ricotta in the food processor, scraping down the sides several times. Add the cream cheese and puree until smooth. Add the sugar, 2 tablespoons of the flour, and salt and puree. Add the eggs, egg whites, lemon and orange zest, and vanilla and puree. Toss the raisins and candied orange peel with the remaining 1 tablespoon flour in a small bowl. Add the raisins, candied peel, and pine nuts to the batter and run the machine in short bursts to mix. (Do not puree: you want these ingredients to remain whole.) Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Tap the pan a few times on the work counter to knock out any bubbles.
4. Set the springform pan in a roasting pan in the oven. Add 1 inch boiling water to the roasting pan and bake the cheesecake until set, 40 to 60 minutes. To test for doneness, gently poke the side — when the top no longer jiggles, the cheesecake is cooked. Another test: an inserted skewer will come out clean when the cheesecake is cooked. Do not overcook or the cheesecake will become watery.
5. Transfer the cheesecake to a cake rack to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until cold. To serve, run the tip of a small knife around the inside of the pan. Unfasten the sides. Cut into wedges for serving.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Number of Servings: 12
|Fat||12 g||Fiber||1 g|
|Protein||19 g||Saturated Fat||6 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.