Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
6 large firm but ripe tomatoes
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper freshly ground, to taste
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
3 large garlic cloves, minced (green sprouts removed)
1/2 cup chopped, flatleaf parsley
1. Cut the tomatoes in half, sprinkle with salt and drain cut side down in a colander, for about 10 minutes. Then dry them well with paper towels.
2. Heat half the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Cook the tomato halves, 4 to 6 at a time, cut side down for about 5 minutes or until golden.
3. Place tomatoes in a lightly oiled baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Combine breadcrumbs, garlic and a little of the parsley and spread atop the tomatoes. Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
5. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Serving Size: 2 tomato halves
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||5 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||2 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.